Two Cypriot men diagnosed with Covid19, one public hospital employee

Two Cypriot men, a 25 year old and a 64 year old, who is an employee at a public hospital in Nicosia, were diagnosed with Covid19, the Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou announced on Monday.

Speaking at a press conference the Minister said that the 25 year old returned from Milan on February 26 and he was examined at the nurse’s office at the airport. He then followed orders for self isolation. According to the Minister the young man is still in self isolation and he underwent tests for the second time which came out positive for coronavirus. He explained that he showed symptoms on March 5.

The Health Minister said that the second confirmed case is a 64 year old man who is an employee at a public hospital. He travelled to England and returned home on March 3. The man contacted the authorities yesterday following symptoms he had. The man was tested positive.

The Minister said that it is sad that the second case concerns a man who returned to Cyprus on March 3, he had symptoms since then but he only contacted the authorities yesterday. He pointed out that this makes it difficult for the authorities to trace all his contacts the last five days.

Source: Cyprus News Agency