President Anastasiades says there is sufficient progress in talks that we can move forward to the issue of territory

There is sufficient progress so far in the course of the intensive phase of the negotiations that allow us to take the process to the next stage, which is the discussion of the chapter of territory, Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades said on Monday.

In remarks on his return from Nicosia Airport after today’s meeting with the Turkish Cypriot leader Mustafa Akinci in the framework of the negotiations, the President also referred to the issue of settlers saying that the number he gave yesterday was wrong and that the right number does not exceed 40 thousand. At the same time he announced a Press Conference on November 3, 2016, where he will brief the people on the latest developments.

Source: Cyprus News Agency.