Gaborone – A case in which owner and publisher of the Paparazzi newspaper, Daniel Kenosi, is charged with cybercrime will come before court once more on June 28.
The case was allocated the date after the prosecutor, Ms Thato Dibeela, from the Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP) told the court that she had agreed with the defence to schedule the matter in a period of two month-time, where possibly the presiding officer, Gaborone village chief magistrate, will also be present.
Defence lawyer, Lore Morapedi of Lore Morapedi attorneys, confirmed the proposal but told Pincipal Magistrate Goodwill Makofi that they came to the agreement after learning that the accused had been coming to court frequently but was frustrated that at times there was no substantive magistrate.
He also said the prosecution had long insinuated that it would like to amend the charge sheet, but that was yet to happen.
However the state had in the past told the court that it was ready for trial as it had completed investigations.
The state alleged that on January 6 and March 12, Kenosi, distributed obscene material to the public through a computer system.
SOURCE: Daily News