CNA News – CNA – Rebekah Gregoriades – CYPRUS/Nicosia 05/06/2019 12:19

Cyprus, Greece and Armenia agree to further expand cooperation in first trilateral meeting of Foreign Ministers

Cyprus, Greece and Armenia agreed to further expand and deepen their cooperation, during the first trilateral meeting between Cyprus, Armenia and Greece at Ministers’ of Foreign Affairs level, held on Tuesday in Nicosia. They also agreed on a trilateral Summit to be held in the near future in Armenia, where the leaders of the three countries will meet to discuss their enhanced cooperation.

British Prime Minister opposes Turkey’s planned drilling activities, President says

British Prime Minister Theresa May said in a letter to President of the Republic Nicos Anastasiades that she opposes Turkey’s planned drilling activities and fully recognizes Cyprus’ right to explore and exploit its natural resources.

US State DAS in Cyprus to discuss arms embargo, State Department Director says

US State Deputy Assistant Secretary Matthew Palmer is in Nicosia to discuss the arms embargo on Cyprus, State Department Director, Office of Southern European Affairs, Yuri Kim has said, noting that the first thing to do is understand what is wanted and then decide how to get there.

Nicosia intensifies representations to UN over Turkish provocations in buffer zone

Nicosia has reiterated its positions and has intensified its representations to the UN peacekeeping force in Cyprus (UNFICYP) regarding the recent Turkish provocations in an area of the buffer zone cultivated by Greek Cypriot farmers, living in Deneia village, a source has told the Cyprus News Agency (CNA) following a meeting on this issue, held on Tuesday at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs between MFA Cyprus Question Directory officials and UNFICYP officers.

Turkey must change its aggressive tactics, Presidential Commissioner points out at PSEKA Conference

Taking into consideration Turkey’s heightened provocations in Cyprus’ Exclusive Economic Zone, however, I cannot foresee that things may be able to resume their normal course unless Turkey changes its aggressive tactics, Presidential Commissioner Photis Photiou pointed out during the opening of the 35th Annual Conference of the International Coordinating Committee – Justice for Cyprus (PSEKA), in Washington.

Committee for the Protection of the Cultural Heritage of Cyprus deposits its Archive in the Hellenic Parliament

The Committee for the Protection of the Cultural Heritage of Cyprus deposited, by unanimous decision, on Tuesday, June 4, its Archive in the Library of the Hellenic Parliament. The Committee was formed in 1985 for the purpose of recording and preserving the cultural monuments of Cyprus.

Economic growth in Cyprus is gradually decelerating but remains strong IMF points out

International Monetary Fund (IMF) points out that economic growth in Cyprus is gradually decelerating but remains strong, buoyed by the services and construction sectors, partly financed with foreign direct investment, in its 3rd post-programme monitoring. At the same time, it stresses that that the level of Non-performing Loans (NPLs) remains among the highest in the EU and that both public and private debt remain high.

Bank of Cyprus sells its entire stake in CNP Cyprus Insurance Holdings for Euros 97.5 million

Bank of Cyprus Holdings Public Limited Company (BOC Holdings announced it sold tis entire shareholding of 49.9% in its associate CNP Cyprus Insurance Holdings Limited (CNP CIH) to CNP Assurances S. A. (the Buyer), who currently owns the remaining 50.1% and is the controlling party.

Source: Cyprus News Agency