Category Archives: Sports

Hope still remains alive UN diplomat tells conference on bicommunal multi-party meetings in Cyprus

Hope still remains alive, in spite of the disappointment following events in Crans-Montana, and as the surveys show, a bi-zonal, bi-communal federation is still, at the present moment, the 'most acceptable solution' across the two communities of Cyprus...

CNA News – CNA – Kiriaki Demetriou – ?ICOSIA 09/06/2019 13:58

President to discuss possible measures against Turkish provocations with EU countepartsCyprus President, Nicos Anastasiades, will have the opportunity to discuss about possible measures against the Turkish provocative actions in Cyprus' Exclusive Econo...

Thousands Flee Devastating Floods in Southwest Libya

The U.N. refugee agency reports heavy flooding has devastated whole neighborhoods in the city of Ghat in south-west Libya forcing thousands of people to flee for their lives.The U.N. refugee agency reports heavy flooding has forced more than 2,500 peop...

Bank of Cyprus sells its entire stake in CNP Cyprus Insurance Holdings for Euros 97.5 million

Bank of Cyprus Holdings Public Limited Company (BOC Holdings announced it sold tis entire shareholding of 49.9% in its associate CNP Cyprus Insurance Holdings Limited (CNP CIH) to CNP Assurances S. A. (the Buyer), who currently owns the remaining 50.1%...

General Government surplus increases in first four months

The General Government surplus increased to Euros 547,1 mn or 2.5% of GDP between January and April 2019, compared with a surplus of Euros 426,9 mn or 2.1% of GDP in the same period of 2018, according to the preliminary

CNA News – CNA – Rebekah Gregoriades – Nicosia 30/05/2019 12:27

European Commission warns Turkey in Progress Report, Nicosia says possibly the most criticalThe European Commission calls on Turkey to refrain from illegal actions in the Exclusive Economic Zone of Cyprus, stresses the importance of Turkeys cooperation...